As the title says... 私の東方神起... My Tohoshinki/THSK/ Tong Vfang Xien Qi/TVXQ/ Dong Bang Shin Ki/DBSK/ Dong Bang Shin Gi/DBSG/ 동방신기... This is where I keep all my fave band's stuff, or goodies as fellow Cassiopeians/ 仙后们 will call them... Enjoy...
Monday, June 7, 2010
[Fanaccount] 100605 JYJ Thanksgiving Concert @ Kyocera Dome (Osaka)
FAN ACCOUNT – Kyocera Dome Day 1 Everyone and their mum has posted a fan account, but I’ve just finished my own from yesterday, and thought I’d share it in case it contained any new information.
(Apologies in advance for how rambling, flaily and scatterbrained it is! I typed up things as I remembered them so it’s a bit all over the place…)
- It was incredibly bittersweet. It was so good to see them together, goofing around, but there were two pretty obvious holes as well. They sounded amazing, it wasn’t like they were ‘missing’ anything concrete, but it was different to what I’ve known for the last 5-odd years, you know? The stage seemed…big. :/
- They’d all cried before the end of the first song. It was awful. The girls around me were crying. I was crying. It was 40 000 people, crying together.
- They sang Whitney Houston’s, ‘I have Nothing’. LOL. But actually,it was amazing, omfg. Theyconqueredthat song, it was mind-blowingly good. It brought tears to my eyes!
- It felt to me like it kind of somewhere between a concert and a fan-meet? They couldn’t perform any of their songs from DBSK, obviously, as they’re missing a couple of people to do the harmonies, and er, it’d be a bit tasteless really. So they seemed a bit light on singing materials, and had a lot of MCs/videos. BUT THAT’S OK, because they played some amazing videos (Making Of footage alone was so lol-tastic that it was worth the price of entry, there was definitely a ‘let’s pick on Yoochun!’ vibe to it) and the MCs were alternatively heartbreaking and hilarious.
- YOOCHUN HAS A NEW GREASY HAIRSTYLE.b It’s like he got extensions, cornrowed everything except his bangs back to the point where it could be tied in a ponytail, then he, er, ponytailed it. I actually kind of like it, though it was a bit in-your-face when I first saw it!
- Junsu singing Kanashimi no Yukue BROKE MY HEART. He just looked so sad and lonely and broken and by the time he sang the last line, “boku wa samushii,” (‘I’m so sad’) he was crying, and I was crying and it was awful. But he soundedamazing, and there was so much raw emotion in the song.
- On that note, a lot of their singing tonight was just filled with emotion. The few pop numbers, not so much, but all the ballad-y type stuff actually blew me away. And usually I’m a, “well, ballads are nice, do you have something more interesting?” kind of girl, but there was seriously so much raw emotion in their voices, I could have listened to them sing like that all night!
- OH OH OH. But but, Junsu sang ‘Xiahtic’ and Jaejoong sang ‘Maze’ and they were both hot and sexy. ‘Maze’ was like, rock-sexy, with wind machines and stuff, and ‘Xiahtic’ was like, ‘I’m-going-to-do-naughty-things-to-you-A
LL-NIGHT’ sexy. Junsu is THE beastly idol.
- ‘Intoxication’ in the encore was um. Extremely fierce. It was possibly sexier because Junsu wasn’t wearing ten kilos of bronzer.
- Yoochun and Jaejoong joined in in the dance break to ‘Intoxication’! Sexy times were had.
- Yoochun’s solo, on the other hand, ‘Girlfriend’, was greasy greasy greasy in all the best possible ways lol. He came out and was like, “Who came with a partner today?” and then was like, “hmm, no one. Ok TODAY I WANT A GIRLFRIEND,” and all the girls watching promptly flailed in anticipation. He wound up pulling this girl from the audience and was holding her hand and pulling her around stage with him, then was all, “What’s your name/where are you from/etc.” Then he got to, “How old are you?” and the girl was all, “15,” and Yoochun’s jaw just like, DROPPED, hahahahahaha. That girl did NOT look fifteen! Then he asked her if she had a boyfriend, she said no, he went, “GREAT!!” and it was generally awesome. Then he sang the song to her, was generally kind of sleazy in that loveable Yoochun fashion, then he DITCHED HER ON THE STAGE TO GO GET HER FLOWERS, HAHAHAHA. He was just like, “Stay here!” and vanished down a trapdoor, leaving the poor thing sitting on a chair on stage with a bajillion people watching her, rofl. He came back with the flowers hidden behind his back, sang some more, gave them to her, she blushed, he kissed her hand, she nearly died, etc., the usual.
- Jaejoong kept saying they didn’t think anyone would come to see them, and crying. It made me cry too.
- ‘Colours’ was so beautiful, and Jaejoong and Yoochun were just like fanservicefanservicefanservice the whole time, rofl. At the end Jaejoong reached out and it looked as if he was going to like, hold Yoochun’s face? But at the last minute he grabbed his mic instead, traded it with his own, then held his hand for the last line.
- They also came out of one of those whoosy trapdoor things together once, holding each other. LOL. Junsu was just like, “Wtf you guys. XD”
- Junsu came out at the end of ‘Colours’ and said…something, IDK, but Jaejoong and Yoochun were like, “join us!” and they all like, ON THE SPOT, worked out a little harmony and re-sang the last line of the song together. It was beautiful.
- YOOCHUN SAYING HE HAD THOUGHT OF QUITTING. T_T And everyone in the audience just yelled out, “Ganbare! Hwaiting!” and urrgh. TEARS.
- After Junsu sang ‘Xiahtic’, Jaejoong was MCing and he was like, in genuine shock, “Junsu! I really don’t understand it…but you’re actually cool when you’re on stage!” I lol-ed so much.
- YOOCHUN HAD A RAP SOLO IN ‘XIAHTIC’. It was all Engrish-y and had something about getting drunk. A+ YOOCHUN.
- They kept giving Junsu crap about calling himself the ‘charisma’ of the group in the past or something, lol, but then they were like, “but actually…he kind of is,” or SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, bad memory is bad.
- Junsu gave them crap about being in dramas, haha, and got clips rolled from Yoochun’s new BEE TV drama and Jaejoong’s Twitter drama. And both of them were just like, “OMFG THE SHAAAAAAME,” and blushing and shit, it was cute.
- Jaejoong sang a song in Korean. It was so beautiful. T_T
- They had Lisa from m-flo guesting in one of the songs! She’s a pretty awesome singer! Jaejoong snuck a quick kiss on her cheek at the end of the song I think (or at least he came close!) much to her surprise. XD
- YOOCHUN’S BIRTHDAY!They flashed a message up on screen before the concert telling us that at the cue, we were all to wish Yoochun a happy birthday, sing the song, and do like, a love sign with our arms (you know, your finger tips point to the crown of your head?). We did. It was cute. Jaejoong and Junsu (and by the end, Yoochun) made ‘Happy Birthday’ into the most beautiful song in the world, with amazing harmonies, what’s up with that. T_T
- The new songs were all so beautiful, I want them on CD. Especially the last song of the evening which was dedicated to ‘friends’ (read – the other DBSK guys) and had BEAUTIFUL lyrics, it was all, “we’re under the same sky,” sort of stuff, but really pretty, and yeah, they totally rocked that one and were all crying at the end.
- They ran some video footage of them from different countries, it was like, a preview to a DVD coming out later this year. Yoochun in Korea, Jaejoong in Canada and Junsu in Australia. It was pretty good footage guys. I think I want to see this DVD.
- I think it was during ‘TOKYO LOVELIGHT’, Yoochun called Jaejoong ‘JJ’. Like, ‘JaeJae’. IT WAS KIND OF CUTE. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON.
- Junsu is still doing old-man jokes. He was like, “IF I DO THIS, EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY,” or something, it was totally cute, even though I was sure he said he wasn’t going to do oyaji-jokes anymore, lol. And he was trying to make it like, a corner thing, he was like, ‘this is Junsu-ta’ which I think was meant to be an abbreviation of ‘Junsu-time’. Or not. My Japanese is so fail. But I’m sure he said something about it being ‘Junsu-time’. He got the drum guy to do a ba-boom-boom thing with his drums every time he said ‘Junsu-ta’, then got us all to say it, then Yoochun (I think) was giving him crap from offstage, just talking into his mic, lol.
- Jaejoong and Yoochun introduced themselves to one another in character from their dramas, and leaving Junsu out, much to his seeming indignation. This is after he embarrassed them with footage from their shows though, so he kind of deserved it lol.
- They were doing an MC thing and changed into these massive long coats while they were talking. At the end Jaejoong was like, “We transformed!!”. It was totally cute.
- The stadium looked so beautiful when the lights dimmed and all the red lights came on. There was one moment where Junsu (?) was singing on one of the stages and everyone in the hall was turned towards him and beating their glowsticks in time, and it was kind of like a giant beating heart. Is it creepy to say it like that? But it really was, and it was actually really pretty.
- They had this song, it was a new one (I think they said they came up with it themselves? Possibly…?) and it was quite poppy and dance-y, and they taught us choreography to do with them in time. Jaejoong kept trying to make sure we knew it, and Yoochun was like, “Whatever, PREPERATIONS COMPLETE!” and the song began, lo~l.
- I’ve mostly recalled the light-hearted stuff, so my account has come off that way, but actually the mood was quite somber for a lot of it. There was a lot of crying going on around me. Probably up until ‘TOKYO LOVELIGHT’, everyone, boys and fans included, were quite teary. It was extremely bittersweet. But afterwards, I came out of it feeling like I would be happy with anything they did, so long as it made them happy. I really could feel how hard they’ve worked up until this point, how sad they are that things have turned out this way, how determined they are to go on in spite of that. They seemed quite…fragile, actually, and so small too, the three of them alone in that giant stadium. To turn it into a pretty metaphor, it felt like they’re hanging on so hard to everything they’ve had together and, emotionally, they’re only holding on by their fingernails now and the tiniest push would dislodge them, but despite that they’re hanging on with all their strength. It was both sad and inspiring to watch them, if that makes sense. :/
But yes, it was amazing, and I just felt afterwards that I could support them in anything they do, for as long as it takes, while they’re holding out themselves for the other two.