As the title says... 私の東方神起... My Tohoshinki/THSK/ Tong Vfang Xien Qi/TVXQ/ Dong Bang Shin Ki/DBSK/ Dong Bang Shin Gi/DBSG/ 동방신기... This is where I keep all my fave band's stuff, or goodies as fellow Cassiopeians/ 仙后们 will call them... Enjoy...
Friday, August 20, 2010
[INFO] All About TVXQ Junsu
Real Name: Kim Junsu (김준수)/(金俊秀) Stage Names: Xiah, Xiah Junsu, Junsoo Birthdate: December 15, 1986 (registered January 1, 1987) Birthplace: Gyeonggi, South Korea
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 63 kg Blood Type: B K-pop Group: Dong Bang Shin Gi Position: Vocals - Middle high Talent Agency: SM Entertainment Religion: Christian
Hobbies: Piano, Soccer
More Information on Xiah
Born on December 15, 1986 he is a capricorn. Has the middle-high vocal part in the group. The group labels him as an innocent and bright boy. On the other hand, he makes a 180 degree change on stage and performs with great charisma. Maintains order and balance in the group when they face difficulty. Possibly because of his long 6 year training, he is very empathetic and thinks a lot about people's feelings. Plays the piano well and is very poetic. One of his dreams in life is to have his writing published into a book. One of his motivations in his singing career is the unachieved dream of his mother, who once dreamed of being a star.
* 'Musical Mozart' - He started his stage musical career as the lead actor in Mozart the Musical.
* 'XIAHTIC' - Junsu wrote and composed the song, which he performed at the 3rd Asia Tour 'MIROTIC' concert.
* 'My Everything' - For the end of the year SBS Gayo Daejun, a piano battle between Xiah Junsu of TVXQ and Taeyang of Big Bang was arranged as one of the stages that night. Junsu played the piano as he sang.
* 'Picture of You' - The Korean lyrics of this song was written by Junsu and the song was featured in TVXQ's 4th album 'MIROTIC'.
* Korean National Anthem - Junsu sang the Korean National Anthem at the Korean Music Festival (Hollywood Bowl) held in L.A. of the United States.
* 'Rainy Night' - A Japanese solo that Junsu composed and had featured in the 'If…!? / Rainy Night' single, the third installment of TOHOSHINKI's 'TRICK' singles.
* ANYBAND - Junsu performed and had promotional activities in Korea as a member of the project band created by Samsung's ANYCALL for a cell phone advertisement. The 'band' consisted of BoA, Tablo of Epik High, and pianist Jin Bora. Junsu won the online poll and was appointed 'leader' of the group. A digital single was released as well as 4000 hard cased copies were given away to fans that attended the ANYBAND showcase. Songs included, 'Talk. Play. Love.', 'Promise U', and 'Daydream'. Junsu had written the Korean lyrics for 'Daydream'.
* 'My Page' - Solo that Junsu composed and performed at the 2nd Asia Tour 'O' Concert
* 'White Lies' - Junsu wrote and composed the song for TVXQ's 3rd album 'O - Jung. Ban. Hap'
* 'Timeless' - Duet with Zhang Liyin. Junsu sang both the Korean and Chinese version and was also featured in part II of the two part 'Timeless' music videos.
* 'Beautiful Thing' - Solo that was featured on TVXQ's 'Vacation' OST
* 'All Rise' - Junsu's solo for the 1st Asia Tour Rising Sun Concert
* 'Chae Nuhm (Resignation)' - Performed at the Rising Sun Showcase
100 Things About Xiah
Junsu Facts Shared by his Mother
DRAMAS  SBS's Banjun Theater: Tokyo Holiday
 SBS's Banjun Theater: Dangerous Love
 SBS's Banjun Theater: Uninvited Guest
 SBS's Banjun Theater: The Most Unforgettable Girl in My Life
 Dating on Earth
Celebrities Include: Jin Bora, Samsung representatives, Jang RiIn, Park Seon Ju, GOD Park Jun Hyun, VJ Mina, X-Mas, Lee Soo Man, Lee Cheon Soo, Fly To The Sky, HAHA, Park Hee Boon, Music Critics ( Jang Meong Sil, Jeong Bing Gi), Composer (Kenge), Heechul, Kangin, HyeSung, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Sungmin, TEPCO, Kangta, BUZZ (Min Gyeong Hun), Sung Si Kyung, Yun Do Hyun, Ho Chung Hyeok, Seungri (Big Bang), Sekine (Japanese actor), Sung Jiroo (Korean actor), Japanese soccer player, LYN (R&B singer), Moon Geun Young (actress from "My Little Bride" and "Autumn in My Heart")
Click for Larger Image;
credits: Genna @ Xiah-sshi and as tagged
Reviews & Comments
On TVXQ’s - Xiah Junsu
(Review by a musician)
Voice Quality: ****
The sexiest and hoarsest voice in TVXQ. Xiah Junsu's strength is in being able to broaden the range of music TVXQ can do, and that is an undeniable fact.
Rather than saying it was an emotionally-charged performance, it is more accurate to say that it was dramatic singing. The song was also presented well, and was able to touch the audience in all areas.
Xiah Junsu has a rather quieter voice. There also is not much difference between his low and high notes. This can be seen clearly in his duet with Zhang Liyin, "Timeless".
His song attracts more attention compared to "idols". He does not do so through an extremely powerful voice, but by strengthening TVXQ's performance in songs. Therefore, reviews will be different if he does have a solo album in future.
(Review by M.net PD)
Voice Quality: ****
A falsetto was used during the higher notes, and his voice seemed to sound weaker. But his other high notes were powerful as Xiah used a voice similar to his normal singing voice. His voice is a penetrating and husky one, thus this gives him an advantage when performing SM songs and makes his voice more charming as well.
Although the techniques used in the various ranges of notes are very well practised, the emotional handling of the song was a little too much. Overuse of vibrato became a bad point instead.
This is more of an achievement from practise instead of a talent. A high volume is critical to achieveing a powerful voice. The ability to maintain this volume when performing a song and dancing at the same time makes the performance a lot stronger. He really did very well in this aspect.
It'd do him wrong to just call him an "idol". He is really a good singer with a strong foundation. There is no vibration when he sings the high notes, and he does have an obvious advantage over the average singer when it comes to certain singing techniques. The performance would've been perfect if he could control the vibration during the more emotional parts of the song.
(Review by a singer/singing coach)
Voice Quality: ****
His advantage is in that he had a long period of training, has a husky yet influential voice.
He has also received a lot of training in performing. A lot of planning on how to deliver the song was done. However, there was a little too much influence from SM's impact and vibration style. It could be classified as over-expressing. Watching and learning from singers outside of the company and practising from there may be a good thing as well.
To a singer, singing and dancing at the same time is extremely difficult. Not only is a long period of training required, breathing control is important as well. And, the volume remains high even during the high notes.
There is talent as well as sufficient training, therefore the overall feeling is good. The only bad point is there was an overuse of vibration. However, changing this would be hard due to the influence of TVXQ's music.
[color=red]Please takeout with full credits.
Credits: Arena + Baidu
언제나 비가와도 칠흙같이 캄캄한 어둠이 와도...
그대 곁에서 기다릴께 ...
Nothing better than that...
[Color - Melody & Harmony]
For someone’s sake
we are here,
Although we can only achieve small things,
Even just for 1 second,
We still want to stop all the tears in this world,