As the title says...
私の東方神起...
My Tohoshinki/THSK/ Tong Vfang Xien Qi/TVXQ/ Dong Bang Shin Ki/DBSK/ Dong Bang Shin Gi/DBSG/ 동방신기...
This is where I keep all my fave band's stuff, or goodies as fellow Cassiopeians/ 仙后们 will call them...
Enjoy..
.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Your Stylish Friend. Beautiful Stick. 美 Stick

TVXQ is endorsing this brand of snacks from ORION...

I found a small shop selling ALL Korean foodstuff at Burlington Square today...

It's called SHINE Korea...

It's a really small shop at an obscure corner near the door to carpark Lift 4, if you want to find it...

I think there's a side door that faces the street also...

Address is 175 Bencoolen Street #01-10/11 Burlington Square...

Anywayz I entered this shop wanting to buy REAL kimchi...

Cos the powder I bought last time from Daiso to make kimchi turned out quite bad...

Maybe cos my mum bought the wrong type of vegetable...

She didn't buy cabbage...

She bought something else...

And I used the ENTIRE package of 6 packets of powder...

It still didn't taste anywhere near kimchi...

But the Japanese cucumbers tasted good in the marinate powder...

So if you wanna try the kimchi powder from Daiso... Just use it on Japanese cucumbers...

Anywayz, I went in and I was looking around for Kimchi then I see from the corner of my eye, a red box that looked similar to the one that Fe and I saw in the idol shop at Level 9 Cineleisure (it's at an obscure corner INSIDE the gaming area). So I got all excited and I dashed over to try to secure that box...

Only to have the shop assistant tell me that there are more over at the shelf, cos I was tiptoeing and trying very hard to push the box down, since it had other boxes of stuff on top of it.

Then I walked over to the shelf, and WOW!!!

There were like tonnes of the box sets!!!

And what's more...

They were selling them cheaper than the idol shop...

In my spur of the moment excitement, I decided to grab one box...

Making my boss grab one box too, cos of my excitement...

AND ANOTHER old lady was so interested in my box, cos I was holding two and comparing... She asked me what they were and how many boxes there were inside the box set...

I said I don't know...

Then as I whizzed around the shop trying to find my kimchi, and even when I was queuing to pay up, the old lady was still bugging me on the box set that I was purchasing...

BUT in the end, she didn't buy it...

I think she didn't feel secure buying something when you don't know how many packets are inside the bigger box...

And all the text are in Korean...

This is what I bought in my Jaejoongie-maniac state-of-mind...


This is the Beauty Stick box set with all the contents... Costing $28.80... 12 boxes of the snacks (chocolate coated or filled sticks like Meiji's)... A photobook of TVXQ... And a CD-ROM with their pics from the photobook...


This is the box itself... It has a rope string that allows you to carry it like a swinging basket...


12 boxes of the snacks... This is the combi I got...
Btw the chocolate is bitter dark chocolate for the chocolate-coated sticks...

Jaejoong:
2 x Chocolate-coated sticks
1 x Cafe Latte-swirly sticks

Xiah:
1 x Chocolate-filled wafer sticks

Micky:
1 x Cafe Latte-swirly sticks
1 x Chocolate-filled wafer sticks

Max:
1 x Chocolate-filled wafer sticks

U-Know:
2 x Chocolate-coated sticks
2 x Cafe Latte-swirly sticks
1 x Chocolate-filled wafer sticks


This is the CD-ROM and the photobook...
I'm not going to put up the pics inside the photobook here...
Cos they're exclusive... Hee hee...
I'll just say there's a very nicely taken set of 6 pics of each member, and 4 group pics...


Can't wait to try the kimchi...
I bought a 1kg packet in a resealable pack $12, and a 400g jar one $6...
Will eat the packet one first...

I also bought 2 packets of kimchi instant noodles $0.70 each, and 2 packets of Chacharoni 杂酱面 instant noodles $0.90 each.

And my purchases round up to a very nice $50...

Silly me was still waiting for change then I realised when I looked at my receipt that my purchases were $50 exactly...

Cheerio,
Same Old Fanatic

PS: Please refer to my "Same Old 神様" album for bigger pics of the products that I've bought...

No comments: