IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ:
To all DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki fans, please support Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu in their fight against SM by signing this petition:
* Notice *
1. We oppose the inhumane, unfair contract that was signed between SM Ent. and TVXQ(DBSK).
-To follow the unreasonably busy schedules that were given by SM Ent., TVXQ members slept for average of 3~4 hours a day for 6 years, got only 1 week of vacation every year, and had to travel on the plane for numerous times that the traveled distance equals to the distance of circling the Earth for about 60 times. From these busy years, TVXQ members’ body and soul were extremely tired and they became unable to maintain their good health as artists.
- TVXQ signed a long term contract of 13 years (15 years if you include the mandatory military service period in Korea) with SM Ent., which is like a lifelong contract. This tells that SM Ent. abused the TVXQ members and made them to sign the contract when they were socially weak and young.
(Kitto: shouldn't it be illegal for minors under 21 to sign legal documents without the consent and agreement of their parents?)
- If TVXQ members want to cancel the contract, they would have to pay a tremendous amount of penalty, which is 3 times the money that was used for the basic investment and 2 times the money they would expect to earn for the remaining time of the contract. Therefore, it means that it is almost impossible to cancel the contract unless they cost their fortune. This is certainly an unfair contract that makes TVXQ into slaves rather than artists.
2. As people who love Korean pop music, we support TVXQ’s decision that they wanted to find their natural rights and value as artists and human beings at the same time.
- Because of the unfair condition of the contract, TVXQ members were not treated well and they lost their freedom to do what they want to do. We hope TVXQ to get a perfect environment they want so they can gain more freedom as well.
- For further growth of Korean pop music, every artist’s rights and values must be protected. Therefore we positively support TVXQ members’ decision.
If you agree to these statements and want to join the signature campaign, you can feel free to participate.
(※ Your personal information will be only used for the campaign. We will NEVER use them for any other reasons.)
All of the signatures will be presented to Seoul Central District Court, Natural Human Rights Commission of the Republic of Korea, and Seoul Supreme Prosecutors’ Office.
< 본 서명운동의 취지 >
1. 동방신기와 SM Ent.가 맺은 반인권적인 불공정 노예 계약에 반대합니다.
- 동방신기 멤버들은 SM Ent. 측에서 일방적으로 정한 무리한 스케줄을 소화하기 위해, 6년간 하루 평균 3~4시간의 수면, 1년에 1주일 남짓의 휴가, 지구 60바퀴에 맞먹는 비행기 탑승시간을 견뎌내야 했습니다. 이 과정에서 멤버들의 심신은 극도로 지쳤으며, 아티스트로서의 적절한 컨디션을 유지하는 것조차 불가능했습니다.
- 멤버들은 SM Ent.와 13년(군복무 포함 15년)이라는 장기계약을 맺었는데, 이는 사실상 종신계약과 다름없습니다. 계약 시 회사에 비해 약자였던 멤버들의 처지를 악용한 부당한 계약조항이라 할 수 있습니다.
- 멤버들이 계약해지를 원할 경우, 위약금으로 투자금의 3배, 예상수익의 2배를 요구하여 사실상 계약 해지가 불가능합니다. 이것은 명백한 불공정 노예계약 조항입니다.
2. 대한민국 대중음악을 사랑하는 사람으로서, 아티스트의 정당한 권리와 가치를 인정받고자 한 동방신기 세 멤버의 결정을 지지합니다.
- 1.에서의 불공정 계약조항으로 인해, 동방신기 멤버들은 아티스트로서의 적절한 대우와 자유로운 활동을 보장받지 못하였습니다. 우리는 그들이 최상의 상태에서 좋은 활동을 보여줄 수 있게 되기를 바랍니다.
- 대한민국 대중음악의 발전을 위해 아티스트들의 정당한 권리와 가치는 반드시 지켜져야 하는 바, 이를 지키기 위한 동방신기 세 멤버의 결정을 적극 지지합니다.
위 취지에 공감하시고, 서명운동에 동참하기를 원하시는 분들의 소중한 서명을 부탁드립니다.
(※ 개인정보는 절대 유출되지 않으며, 서명운동 외의 다른 목적으로 쓰이지 않습니다.)
본 서명은 서울중앙지방법원, 국가인권위, 서울지방검찰청 일괄제출 될 것입니다.
If you are not familiar with the current lawsuit filed against SM by the three boys, here's a brief recap:
1. For the past 6 years, SM Entertainment has forced DBSK into keeping busy schedules which allow them to only sleep for 3-4 hours per day. This has led to a deterioration in their health and an overall mental and physical exhaustion in all the members. Not only that, but they are only allowed a 1 week vacation per year.
2. The contract they have with SME is a 13 year long contract (15 yrs with military). This is considered to be a lifelong contract and is also a "slave contract"
3. If they try to break the contract, they have to pay SME 3 times the money that was used for the basic investment and 2 times the money they would expect to earn for the remaining time of the contract. That amount of money is billions of dollars - there is no way for them to pay that, and thus makes them into slaves rather than artistes.
4. DBSK only gets paid if they can sell over 500,000 copies of an album. The only album that has reached this quota is MIROTIC, meaning that in the past 6 years, DBSK has only been paid ONCE!!!
(Kitto: YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!! WHAT ABOUT OVERSEAS SALES???!!! AREN'T THEY COUNTED TOO??!!! SOME CAN'T EVEN SELL 10,000 COPIES... SALARY FOR 500,000 COPIES ONLY IS MAD!!!)
Please, if you are a TRUE fan, sign the petition.
Even if you are not a fan of DBSK, please sign it, because DBSK is NOT the only group that is bound by a "slave contract".
Here's a list of others:
Super Junior (SM Ent.) - 13 year contract
SNSD/ Girl's Generation (SM Ent.) - 13 year contract
Wonder Girls (JYP) - 7 year contract
Big Bang (YG) - 5 year contract
SS501 (DSP) - 5 year contract
(Kitto: so basically SM can be seen to be the slave driver, cos only SM artists have unrealistic and impractical 13 yr slave contracts...)
DBSK is currently the voice of all the lesser known artists who are bound by slave contracts. If DBSK wins the lawsuit, not only will it free them from their own contract, but it will also provide the chance for outlawing other slave contracts, and thus saving other groups.
So please, support DBSK.
And ALWAYS keep the FAITH ♥
i can't seem to be able to join the DNBN group...
so i can't sign the petition...
maybe it's limited to Koreans only?