There are now new UNOFFICIAL updates floating around in Korea as millions of Cassopeias are going sleepless and searching for more information about their beloved group. Apparently, Yoochun and Junsu have been going around together looking for law firms during their vacation so this was certainly not something that happened overnight.
While all seems calm for now, following the official statement from SM Entertainment, many are awaiting with anxiety with regards to what else will happen. Many are wondering if SM Entertainment are just papering over the cracks that have become more apparent today. As of now, all TVXQ notices and schedules on the SM Entertainment homepage have been deleted, including the SM Town Concert schedule.
Perhaps not strange to many but odd considering that they are SM Entertainment's #1 group now, TVXQ has had a 13 year "slave contract" with SM Entertainment. TVXQ members have only received a 0.5% increase in salary over the past 5 years despite their amazing success and huge fanbase. All 5 members are actually preparing to sue SM Entertainment because of this, not just Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong.
Junsu's dad had been the representative of the 5 members and was at the head of the preparations to sue SM Entertainment. But SM entertainment found out about the pending lawsuit and proceeded to "bully around" Junsu. Yunho and Changmin aren't sueing SM at the moment, but neither are they resigning with SM at the end of their contract. Contrary to rumors, there has been no conflict within TVXQ members, and the whole issue is been between the members and SM Entertainment.
SM has been taking from 70%-90% of the profits that TVXQ makes, leaving only 10%-30% for the members themselves. Most people think that Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu will win their case because it is against Korean law to make "slave contracts." And slave contracts they are, receiving less than half is a stretch, but 10%?!?!
Ever since Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu started the cosmetics endorsements, SM Entertainment began to try and put down their efforts, wondering why the members were trying to go into business without first consulting with them. Junsu was being pushed around by a lot of upper officials in SM Entertainment because of his dad's involvement and his private endorsements.
Yunho and Changmin aren't betraying TVXQ for not being involved in the law suit. They all have wanted to leave SM Entertainment, but couldn't because of their contracts. Even if they had wanted to leave, the amount of money fighting lawsuits would be enormous. All 5 members are standing together against SM. It is very distinct that this is not a TVXQ vs. TVXQ fight, but rather a TVXQ against SM fight.
It should be noted that Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu do not want to completely terminate their contract, but they do want major revisions to be done to their contract so that the corrupted control that SM Entertainment has over them can be dissolved.
i'd say be gone with it!!!
juz terminate the slave contract with SM!!!
13 years is A LOT...
plus god knows how many years in training...
that's like 20 years of your life spent slaving for SM!!!!